How would it feel for your contributions to have a major impact across all game development at Blizzard? This is your chance to find out! Blizzard Entertainment is developing a modern, cross-platform game engine to share across all of Blizzard and power the future of Blizzard games. This new project advances technology both at Blizzard and in the gaming industry. You’ll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled game developers who will work with game teams across the company to deliver a truly epic game engine. Get in early and help shape the future of gaming. Are you in?
We are looking for an experienced tools engineer to help architect and build an editor and tools that will be used by future Blizzard games. Workflows and tooling are a critical component of how content creators interact with an engine, so our ideal candidate shares our passion for owning those experiences and making them a joy to use. You’ll work with our team and others around the company to craft and ultimately deliver on that shared vision.
- Implement tools and pipelines for the rapid creation and iteration of content
- Make possible a variety of editing experiences such as 3D object manipulation, viewports, cameras, and scene hierarchies
- Work with UX designers to create a pleasant and consistent tools environment
- At least 5 years of professional experience in engine tools programming
- Familiar with 3D math and graphics concepts
- Experience developing or maintaining editing experiences
- Fluency in C++
- Effective communication skills with developers of all technical skill levels
- Experience with “Dear ImGui” or similar Immediate Mode UI paradigms
- Successfully shipped cross-platform titles
- Collaborates with UX designers, artists, and designers
- Understands 3rd party game engine systems and editing tools
- Familiarity with source control systems such as Git, Perforce, or Subversion
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Engineering
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.