Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join our business intelligence team to help shape the next generation of data science services. We are developing data-driven decision services to provide customized gameplay experiences to our players. As part of this role, you will be responsible for design, implementation and maintenance of various machine learning services to help drive personalized player experiences.
- Working independently, design, implement, and maintain high performance software solutions.
- Completely own system components of moderate complexity.
- Analyze and solve performance problems and outages on production systems.
- Automate model training and scoring processes for machine learning algorithms.
- Effectively communicate ideas, issues, statuses, and outcomes with all relevant parties.
- Create technical documentation.
- Assist in promoting a positive engineering and team culture.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with statically compiled languages (C / C++, Java etc.), with significant expertise in at least one of them.
- Solid knowledge of an interpreted language (Python, R, Lisp, Lua)
- Solid knowledge of asynchronous and parallel programming
- Experience working with relational databases and knowledge of SQL
- Experience debugging and performance tuning applications and services
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with Oracle or MySQL
- Experience in Java 8
- Experience developing machine learning applications
- Experience with the Hadoop eco-system (HDFS, Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, etc.)
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.