Blizzard Entertainment is looking to fill the role of Coordinator – Physical Security. In this role, you’ll be supporting our Physical Threat Assessment Center to ensure that our offices, employees, and property are protected across all physical security fronts. The ideal candidate is highly organized, dedicated and a security minded team player with experience supporting physical security operations at a global scale.
Duties will include but not limited to the following: monitoring alarm, access control systems and video surveillance systems; emergency response coordination and documenting; answering telephones; radio communication and coordination between dispatchers and security officers; internal and external emergency notification; production of a daily log of incidents and activities; and preparing reports of incidents. Physical Security Coordinators create, modify, and activate access control badges for employees, visitors, and contractors. Coordinators will work and communicate with Blizzard staff, Blizzard Security Team, Contracted Security and perform administrative duties for the Security Leadership Team.
Our Physical Threat Assessment Center will be our Physical Security communications center for incidents, events, alarms, and video surveillance supporting our Blizzard locations globally. Coordinators will help prevent, prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies and incidents locally, regionally, and globally.
- Operate global access control and security video surveillance systems
- Provide crucial system monitoring to ensure the safety and security of employees
- Coordinate guard staffing with Contracted Account Managers for guard services
- Work with PTAC dispatchers on daily duties, incidents, and
- Place necessary outgoing calls to verify alarms, gather additional information regarding suspicious activity or incidents, dispatches the proper authorities, and notifies responsible parties
- Handle security issues or emergency situations appropriately. Contact Emergency Services, such as EMT, Fire Dept., etc. for dispatch as necessary.
- Maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual and stressful circumstances
- Creating, activating, and modifying access control badges for employees, visitors, and contracts
- Audit the systems PTAC uses to maintain proper function for access control and closed circuit monitoring
- Work with multiple security vendors for various projects
- Assisting in reviewing video surveillance to support investigations, incidents and/or suspicious activity
- Acknowledging alerts and alarms from our access control systems, burglar alarm systems, fire alarms systems, and video analytics; and notifying appropriate parties and groups via phone and/or email.
- Work with other depts on various types of projects like construction and local events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have prior experience working in security, law enforcement, or military
- Must have working knowledge of access control systems and security video surveillance systems
- Experience with incident response, focusing on ability to maintain calm and efficiency in high-pressure settings.
- Experience with a Physical Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Experience working with contracted guard services
- Must have effective time management, communication and organizational skills to prioritize and multitask accordingly
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Able to type 20 wpm while multitasking that may include tracking of developing incidents, monitoring remote video surveillance,
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalency; however, collegiate academic course work or an AA/AS degree is preferred
- Microsoft Office knowledge
- Able to have fun while remaining professional during stressful situations
- Open minded to other people’s opinions, priorities, and styles of living
- Able to maintain focus in an energetic and fast-paced environment
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.