Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a smart and driven individual with the right mix of formal business management skills, passion for gaming, and experience in a high-tech and creative environment for our headquarters office in Irvine, CA. In this role, you will work with game team to envision, evolve, and operate monetization strategies for Heroes of the Storm and StarCraft II, targeting the intersection of revenue generation goals and quality player experience. Ideally, you will have experience defining and operating online game business models, and have a deep understanding of player interactions with those models, both at the individual and community levels. Responsibilities
- Work with the game team on monetization design, strategy and execution; envision in-game content and business model recommendations; set requirements and create specifications for monetization features; drive and operate the resulting initiatives. Analyze the competitive landscape, and benchmark Blizzard monetization against competitors.
- Work closely with marketing, community, public relations (PR), editorial, web, and mobile to help develop and execute publishing strategies in support of content releases and ongoing player engagement.
- Drive data analysis and research to evaluate the health of the business and to explore new business opportunities. Assimilate feedback from players, competitive research, market trends, and quantitative data to propose and make recommendations that impact game content and product vision.
- Develop testing methodologies, analyze data, and partner research teams to optimize price points and model the impact of new game features.
- Work with business intelligence to define metrics and develop dashboards to measure engagement and monetization success.
- Regularly review monetization strategy and performance, and present results to stakeholders.
- Undergraduate degree level education in business or related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a business role supporting AAA products
- Strong competence in analyzing data and drawing actionable business insight
- Proven experience taking business initiatives from conception to launch
- Outstanding communications, project management, and relationship-building skills; able to communicate effectively with software developers and business leaders alike
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment and manage multiple complex projects with diverse groups
- Proven ability to exert influence without authority
- Comfortable with uncertainty
- Passionate about Blizzard games, in particular StarCraft II and Heroes of the Storm
- Combination of game development and game publishing experience
- Experience working outside the United States
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.