The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ super-powered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a passionate Software Engineer to join the Content & Developer Services organization of Battle.net & Online Products building services to promote and safe and inclusive environments for our Player communities. We are searching for applicants who truly embrace Blizzards' Play Nice Play Fair core value. This position is part of a purpose-built team of engineers, designers and product managers to enhance the capabilities of our Platform used by all game franchises.
This role focuses on server-side engineering and architecture while interfacing with game teams as stakeholders.
- Work with a small and talented team to develop scalable, highly performant platform services
- Defining data architecture and supporting various structured data serialization mechanisms for our clients
- Writing both server-side and SDK business logic that allows our clients to enhance the social experience of their player communities.
- Breaking down complicated requirements into clear, actionable tasks that can be estimated and completed
- Writing clean, testable, maintainable code
- Maintaining an open-minded, friendly, and positive attitude
- A solid understanding of CS fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Experience with systems analysis, design, troubleshooting, and debugging
- Solid experience programming back-end web services in an OO language (Java/C#)
- Good understanding of web-related technologies (e.g. HTTP, REST, TCPIP, Message Queueing)
- An understanding of best practices and techniques regarding web scalability, performance, and security
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Passion and believe in Blizzard's Core Values
- Experience with public cloud services like AWS, GCP, etc
- Familiarity with the Spring Framework
- In-depth knowledge of Regular Expressions
- Experience with C++
- Experience working with machine learning
- Experience working in a Scrum environment
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.