Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic engineer to work on a robust first-person engine for an unannounced project. You will be responsible for developing systems on multiple platforms, working in areas like rendering, memory management, file and network I/O, and whatever else needs to be done to make the best player experience possible. We’re an intensely collaborative group, passionate about our project. If you thrive in an environment that values communication and knowledge sharing, drop us a line!
This is a full-time position on Blizzard’s main campus in Irvine, CA.
- Collaborate with designers, game programmers and fellow engine programmers to develop and refine key systems
- Design and implementation of new development tools for artists
- Communicate with other departments within the team to improve existing tools and determine new solutions
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- Advanced understanding of C / C++
- A minimum of 5 years’ application programming experience
- Experience working with game engines
- Strong passion for graphics programming and algorithms / mathematics (linear algebra, trigonometry)
- Familiar with state-of-the-art rendering techniques, shader development and graphics hardware and API’s
- Able to communicate with non-technical users.
- Must love working with artists.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Service-oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency and workflow
- Advanced understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Strong debugging skills
- Detailed knowledge of 3D graphics, animation, camera control, and lighting
- Experience shipping multiple game titles
- Interest in workflow automation
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.