The Blizzard Entertainment Global Broadcast & Events team is looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and highly organized project manager to oversee the tracking, documentation and planning of our Global Broadcast initiative. The ideal candidate must be a strong communicator, love the act of planning and organization, and enjoy working inside a flexible team-oriented environment. This candidate should be versed in project management styles, methodologies and processes. Tenacity, self-direction and follow-up skills are a must, as well as, the ability to anticipate issues and find effective solutions.
The ideal candidate will be able to track project details while monitoring the big picture and anticipating issues before they occur. This position will interface with several teams and track the progress of our Global projects while creating and monitoring deadlines and millstones.
- Work with the global broadcast team to define project objectives, schedule, resource requirements, budget, and deliverables in support of business goals established by the Broadcast Team.
- Be responsible for the creation and distribution of complete project plans, related documentation, and reporting requirements to all project stakeholders, internal and external to Blizzard.
- Develop and determine status frequency, and deliver progress reports, proposals, and requirements documentation, along with risks, contingency plans, and roadblocks to Project Stakeholders and Broadcast Leadership.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Manage project expectations, milestones, and deliverables.
- Conduct post mortems and create recommendations reports based on detailed project analysis.
- Develop and establish workflows and processes for the Broadcast team to increase productivity and ensure consistent communication and alignment.
- Collaborate with other PMO groups across Activision Blizzard to ensure comprehensive reporting and project tracking.
- Manage day to day team activities as both a leader and mentor.
- Own the full project lifecycle across multiple ongoing initiatives.
- A minimum of 10 years minimum experience in project management.
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritizations skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Formal training in project management methodologies, process development and team leadership.
- Proficient in people management. Able to lead and motivate through change.
- Understanding of Broadcast, events, or entertainment project management and terminology.
- Understanding of technical project management and the terminality and processes, and the build out of large broadcast infrastructure.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven experience managing schedules and project resources to achieve desired results on time.
- Adaptable to changing business needs and expanded project requirements
- Persuasive, encouraging, and a motivating influence with all assigned project team members.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Able to relate to team members and build professional relationships.
- Experience with Project management Software tools and methodology. (Agile, SDLC, Scrum, Jira, MS Project, Visio, etc…)
- Monitor staff performance and complete performance reviews.
- Passion for Esports and Gaming.
- Experience working as a Project Manager in the Esports or Broadcast Industry.
- Formal project management certification such as PMP.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Other jobs in Production, Program & Project Management
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.