Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptional technical artist to join us in creating a new game for Android & iOS.
Your quest is to help forge a new art pipeline, using your breadth of skill and experience to work between art and engineering to help us bring this game to life. Your role is challenging and varied; your domain extends anywhere from modeling tools, to plugins, to rendering improvements. We look to you to solve hard problems using knowledge, creativity, and teamwork.
Our ideal candidate has extensive experience as a technical artist on a AAA mobile or PC/Console game. We are looking for someone with deep understanding of game engines and game creation tools. We want an excellent collaborator who can apply their insight to improve both the technology and the people around them.
You'll be part of a team just as excited about making great games as you are, and together we'll create even more epic Blizzard experiences.
- Results-oriented driver who is self-motivated, collaborative, able to develop tools, prototypes, and features from start to finish.
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3D content creation software including Maya.
- Strong technical background and a positive attitude.
- Able to communicate effectively with artists, designers, engineers, and other technical artists.
- Detail-oriented problem-solving ability.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in technical art.
- Passion for playing and making computer games, especially game styles relevant to Blizzard games.
- Experience with Unity 3D
- Modeling or animation skills in 3D content creation software
- Familiarity with 3D rendering principles and/or shader authoring
- Familiarity with animation rigging toolsets and workflows
- Knowledge, understanding, and familiarity with Blizzard’s universes and lore
- Expert-level knowledge of Python
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio and/or Reel demonstrating technical skills
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.