Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Lead Program Manager to help us continue to deliver epic platform features by joining the Battle.net and Online Products – Accounts & Identity team.
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Our team provides high-end mission-critical services to millions of active users worldwide, in a cross-platform environment, ranging from authentication to security measures and Battle.net Account Management. This role will work with customers inside and outside of Blizzard to identify problems, determine goals, propose solutions, and drive alignment on specifications and ultimately deliver high-quality projects.
In this position, you will help with defining and executing the vision to continuously improve our online solutions. You will interact with senior technical leaders, engineers across the company, and senior managers within Battle.net & Online Products. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned program manager with prior experience managing successful complex projects with the right balance of organizational & people management skills, and ability to drive consensus among diverse teams of people.
- Manage the overall lifecycle of Account and Identity products providing the bond between our players, our games and our services.
- Create business goals, drive alignment of product strategy and manage roadmaps in a highly dynamic environment determined to put “Gameplay First”.
- Develop and champion vision and values for account management and customer privacy; understanding best practices and setting industry standards.
- Communicate product needs through the collection and creation of functional specifications, business requirements, user stories, scenarios, user studies, and data analysis.
- Lead collaboration and generate consensus across a cross-functional team to develop products and features on time and with measurable value.
- Influence beyond Battle.net, by driving alignment of priorities and timelines with teams across Blizzard.
- Manage a portfolio of hundreds of mission-critical API’s and drive their continual improvement.
- Build a healthy team culture, built around Blizzard values.
- Mentor individual contributors, encouraging learning and growth while contributing to team goals.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience with product, program and project management.
- Expert systems analysis skills. Need to be able to learn and understand systems by studying them.
- Solid understanding of service-oriented architectures and design. Emphasis on driving toward a high-quality end-user experience.
- Experience managing teams of PMs and leading multiple simultaneous projects through the full software development life cycle.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Comfortable giving presentations to large groups and senior management.
- Strong people management skills, with the ability to jump in at the IC level when needed.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative; enthusiastic “can-do” attitude is a must.
- Passion for iteration in order to find the optimal solution, but at the same time understands diminishing returns.
- Skilled in risk assessment and management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Software development background.
- Experience working with PII data.
- Experience and familiarity with the OAuth 2.0 framework.
- Experience with account fraud prevention and multi-factor authentication methods.
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence or comparable team collaboration applications.
- Scrum Alliance certifications (CSM, CSPO, CSP) or PMI certifications (PMP, ACP)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.