Starcraft, Diablo, Warcraft, Overwatch, Hearthstone, and The Lost Vikings - Which is your favorite Blizzard universe? Having a hard time choosing? You don't have to!
Blizzard seeks a Hero who can champion an idea from concept to completion. We value positive team-players who give constructive input and are also open to hearing the feedback of others in return. Our ideal animator has experience animating both humanoids and creatures of all shapes and sizes. You enjoy creating cycles, appealing poses, visceral combat animations, and crowd pleasing emotes. You have a real passion for games and enjoy the challenge of crafting beautiful animations that are highly functional and serve the needs of the gameplay. Your strong interpersonal and collaboration skills compliment your artistic skillset.
As an animator on the Heroes of the Storm team, you will have the unique opportunity to animate characters from the entire catalogue of iconic Blizzard franchises. You will contribute your own ideas and animation to enrich both our game and universes.
Sound fun? If you are up to the challenge, we want to hear from you!Responsibilities
- Craft animation for characters, mounts and other assets
- Collaborate with art, design, and visual effects departments to deliver heroes, skins, maps, mounts, and other supporting assets that meet the highest visual quality and gameplay standards
- Understand, maintain, explore, and enhance our visual style guide
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in game development using Maya, 3ds Max or an equivalent 3D program
- Exceptional skills in animating the human bipedal figure, as well as other organic forms
- A deep understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- A passionate, and creative problem solver with a phenomenal team first attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for video games
- Understanding of Blizzard Entertainment's visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a character animator
- Skills in one or more of the related character creation tasks -- illustration, modeling, texturing, or rigging
- Experience with MaxScript, or Mel
- Excellent 2D animation skills
- Experience in FX and particle animation
- Familiar with the MOBA genre
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.