Members of the Blizzard Entertainment's Overwatch team are passionate gamers at heart - driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced engineer who shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success
- We have real passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
We are looking for an Animation Engineer to help build and maintain the Animation System and Tools that will be used on Overwatch. Our ideal candidate has a passion for games and working with animators to bring characters to life. You’ll work with our team to craft and ultimately execute on that shared vision.
- Build optimized, sustainable and maintainable technologies to help solve game driven animation problems
- Implement tools and pipelines integrating with game systems for the rapid creation and iteration of animation content
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to ensure a great player experience
- Work with the animators and technical artists to support their needs and ensure a powerful and easy workflow
- Extreme passion for playing and making video games
- Fluency in C++
- At least 3 years of professional experience in game development
- Comfortable defining how animations are organized and played back in-game
- Experience with blend tree systems
- Experience with low-level animation constructs: compression, blending, and posing
- Familiar with various data structures and algorithms
- Comfortable using trigonometry and linear algebra
- Effective communication skills with developers of all technical skill levels
- Multi-threading and optimization
- Client-server game development
- Game physics
- Wide range of PC hardware and console platforms
- Version control systems: Git, Perforce, or Subversion
Other jobs in Engineering
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.