Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a diverse community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but creating epic entertainment and the technology that drives our customers’ experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner.
As the Manager of Recruiting for our games business, you will be responsible for contributing to and executing our talent acquisition strategies to support game development. You are expected to operate in a highly collaborative environment, partnering with all members of the Talent Acquisition (TA) leadership team including other recruiting managers, talent attraction and branding, university recruiting and sourcing to drive best practices and innovation.
- Develop in partnership with other HR, games and TA leaders and key stakeholders, the long-term vision for recruiting for game development. Outline clear Year 1, 2 and 3 goals and execute on the vision
- Serve as a strong, positive leader, coach and partner willing to roll up your sleeves to work alongside your team and your colleagues to share processes and technical expertise to continually evolve our culture
- Continue to instill a performance and development-oriented culture in active partnership with your peers to drive meaningful improvements to better support our recruiting team
- Collaborate with our Employer Brand, Attraction and Culture team to build Blizzard’s brand attraction strategy to successfully recruit talent for game development while reinforcing each team’s focus on culture
- Mentor and develop the members of the recruiting team, building a strong succession bench
Scale, scope and other details include:
- Report to the Vice President, Talent Acquisition – Blizzard and manage a team of 5-6 recruiters and 2 recruiting coordinators (in a dual-reporting structure).
- Partner closely with the game development leaders, HR leaders, finance, and other members of the TA team
Year 1 success is to:
- Demonstrate a strategy to successfully address our recruiting needs for game development and deliver on the organization’s goals to successfully build out capabilities in key areas in 2020
- Build our D&I efforts in partnership with others across the company
- Execute on strategies to proactively introduce key talent into the company
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in roles of increasing responsibility including previously managing a team of recruiters
- Experience in highly competitive industries targeting both creative and highly technical talent. Recruiting for game development is a plus
- A reputation for strategic and innovative thinking
- Extensive client management and relationship management skills with a reputation for building strong stakeholder relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization in unstructured environments, driving results through influence
- Proven track record of building, managing and developing teams to roles of increasing responsibility, complexity and scope
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with the ability to drive achievement of objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.