Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic senior software engineer to join the Heroes of the Storm team in Irvine, California. This developer will focus on game and service feature implementation, as well as live maintenance of the online service.
- Implement new features related to the online aspects of Heroes of the Storm.
- Review logs and monitor data to diagnose and fix issues occurring on the live service.
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Familiar with implementing client / server architecture
- A mind towards scalability and performance
- Excellent debugging and diagnostic skills
- Highly motivated and proactive
- High comfort level working within (and analyzing and improving) an established code base
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a team of highly skilled programmers
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Passion for video games
- Previous experience shipping video game titles or other software
- Networking experience in TCP / IP and UDP protocols
- Linux development experience
- Database development experience (e.g., MySQL, Oracle)
- Scripting language experience (e.g., Python)
- Distributed systems experience
- Low level network knowledge and diagnosis including packet capture (e.g., tcpdump, wireshark), routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, and NAT busting
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.