Blizzard Entertainment’s cinematic sound department is looking for a Senior Sound Designer with mixing experience to contribute to some of the most successful franchises in gaming history.
This candidate needs to have extensive sound design experience with demonstrable skill creating rich, detailed sounds as well as experience editing and mixing to linear picture. The candidate will work with Blizzard’s Sound Department and Video Post-Production team, interfacing with video editors, directors, producers, and sound supervisors, to deliver a variety of content for varying projects that includes promotional media, web videos, trailers, logos, inward-facing content, etc., and will be responsible for finalizing and delivering completed mixes.
The ideal candidate is equally comfortable creating compelling sound assets as he/she is behind a mixing board, working with clients. Interested candidates should be comfortable working under tight deadlines and easily adaptable to shifting priorities. Please include credits and/or a demo reel with your application. Responsibilities
- Design, edit and mix dialogue, sound effects, and music assets in both stereo and 5.1 surround
- Work collaboratively with Lead Supervising Sound Designer and Audio Producer to assess scope of projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills; must be able to interact well with other departments.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Must be comfortable working under strenuous deadlines
- Able to work with equal effectiveness, both solo and as part of a project team
- Comfortable taking direction and criticism
- A minimum of 6 years' of industry experience in a video game or post production setting
- 4 or more shipped AAA titles or equivalent film credits in a sound design/mixer role
- Proven skills regarding mixing dialog, music, and sound effects for a large variety of projects in both stereo and 5.1
- Proven skills regarding editing and conforming sound-to-picture
- Extremely versed in working inside of Protools (Mac)
- Experience using both Windows and Macintosh operating systems
- Familiarity with Blizzard's titles as well as the Blizzard "brand"
- Familiarity with a large variety of audio plugins
Other jobs in Audio / Sound
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.