The Battle.net Client group is looking for a passionate software engineering technical lead with advanced C++ knowledge and broad experience in client development to join our Battle.net App team.
The App team develops the Blizzard Desktop Application for both PC and Mac. The Desktop App presents a seamless experience for Blizzard’s products: news about games, a portal to the digital store, a hub to update and launch games, and a place where millions of players can socialize with their friends. The primary mission for the Battle.net App team is to create an approachable and accessible portal to get our players enjoying Blizzard’s games with their friends as quickly and effortlessly as possible.
- Mastery of C++ with a minimum of 8 years’ professional experience
- Experience leading development teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with 3rd party libraries
- Experience using UI frameworks
- Experience with shipping and maintaining desktop applications that support a global user base
- Experience supporting a live product (ship planning, risk mitigation, etc..)
- Familiarity with networking and high level protocols such as TCP or HTTP
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Cross-platform development experience for Windows and Mac
- Experience using Git
- Client / Server architecture experience
- Agile development exposure
- Passion for video games
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.