Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a senior software engineer experienced in .NET software engineering to join our Service Technologies team. This team develops and enhances Blizzard’s customer support applications and services such as our inhouse CRM and web portal. You will lead major efforts, help growing a team of engineers, collaborating with designers, product managers, and other partners, to provide an epic support experience for our customers and partners.
There is no other team like this at Blizzard! If you join our team, you will get to work with a team that’s co-located with Blizzard Support teams around the world. You will partner with product managers and developers from around Blizzard to build epic applications and services used by other Blizzard employees and our customers. The software we build together will integrate with services from every game development and account team at Blizzard so that our players, partners, and Game Masters can just solve any problem they encounter. Our team loves Blizzard games and we care deeply about ensuring everyone can enjoy our games; if you do too, then this is the team for you!Responsibilities
- Grow and mentor other software engineers
- Lead research and development efforts for several applications and services
- Document and share best practices with engineers across Blizzard
- Experience developing web applications using C#, AngularJS, and Less
- Strong knowledge of current application development trends and a passion to stay current
- Willingness and interest in developing your peers through mentoring and coaching
- Minimum of four years of professional software engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English
- Experience collaborating effectively in large multidisciplinary teams
- Experience designing and implementing client/server architecture
- Experience authoring, executing, and analyzing the results of unit, integration, and regression tests
- Experience developing globally distributed systems
- Experience developing and integrating with relational and document database solutions
- Experience with public cloud providers and private cloud solutions
- Experience with container development and orchestration solutions
- Contributions to open-source or personal projects
- Cover letter, indicating:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard Entertainment
- Why this job appeals to you
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.