Blizzard Entertainment has been rated for several years by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work." We are a community of over 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only about gaming, but entertainment and technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is delighting our customers by providing a world of creativity and adventure around every corner. We are building a platform that is more scalable, more performant, more reliable, and powers our diverse media business' needs. We are also enabling new features that can drive significant impact for Blizzard gamers, viewers and customers globally.
This technical manager role will lead the newly firmed teams dedicated to our public cloud project, leading the cloud migration and new cloud services for Blizzard ecosystems. Responsibilities
We are building a platform that is more scalable, more performant, more reliable, and powers our diverse media business’ needs. We are also enabling new features that can drive significant impact for Blizzard gamers, viewers and customers globallyResponsibilities
- Define the Cloud Architecture for both hybrid and non-hybrid cloud solution.
- Be the go to person for the Cloud Architecture. You should have a deep understanding of API integrations and Data services offered on public cloud platforms and understand how to use them together to build complex solutions.
- Lead the cloud migration project and migration team, ensuring the on-time delivery while collaborating with external and internal project partners.
- Ensure that all cloud solutions follow security and compliance controls.
- Lead and mentor engineers and ensure that the development projects meet its timeline and quality.
- Work closely with internal and external engineering teams, foster collaborative culture and evangelize the best practices on cloud integration and usage.
- Participate in the establishment on an automated CICD pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation cloud integrations and data services
- Technical, managerial, and leadership skills at the lead software manager level.
- A minimum of 10 years' engineering experience in cloud (GCP, AWS, Azure or OpenStack), distributed systems, servers, networking, test, cloud computing, big data, or other mission critical production software.
- Familiarity with Java, Scala, Spark, Flink, Kafka, Elasticsearch, BigQuery, or similar products.
- Experience and passion for building highly parallelized and scalable distributed systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing other technical managers across multiple disciplines.
- Knowledge of open source software and the Linux ecosystem.
- Exhibit exceptional leadership skills that include, but do not limit to selection, performance management, talent planning, and development and recognition.
- Strong effective communications and presentation skills and the ability to influence at all levels.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.