Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a senior software engineer to join its Web & Mobile game sites team in Austin, Texas.
Our ideal candidate must be passionate about technology, the web, video games, and a desire to work in a creative, challenging, and rewarding environment. We want to hear from seasoned engineers who will put their experience and enthusiasm to good use, helping the team produce the most epic customer-facing site experiences possible.
About Web & Mobile
Blizzard’s Web & Mobile group is responsible for the development of all Blizzard game sites and mobile applications. Our game sites team located in Austin, Texas is dedicated to extending the Hearthstone entertainment experiences to the web by creating web sites that engage the community.
The ideal candidate would be responsible for creating new (and improving existing) applications in a high-load, high-availability environment, as well as helping to drive architecture and best practices across the team. A senior software engineer is expected to be a strong individual contributor in addition to effectively working with the team to drive project success, and have the proven ability to release quality software in a rapid development lifecycle.
- Work with stakeholders to help improve the Hearthstone community sites.
- Create, document, and maintain website features and system components.
- Troubleshoot and correct live issues.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Mentor and grow junior engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field, or equivalent training, and professional experience
- Expert knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in the industry building web applications
- Expert understanding of web technologies (HTML/CSS, AJAX, MVC)
- Significant hands-on experience building web applications in the Node.js platform
- Experience with Jade, Freemarker, or another web template engine
- Solid understanding of REST principles and experience creating/consuming REST-ful APIs
- Strong understanding of scalable and highly concurrent server architecture design
- Expert understanding of service-oriented architecture, including web services, message-oriented middleware, security, and n-tier architectures
- Experience with data modeling in one or more modern relational databases and SQL
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- Experience with HTML5 / CSS3
- Experience building web applications in Java with Spring
- Experience with client-side JS frameworks such as Angular.js
- Experience working on or with remote/distributed teams
- Experience working with Docker
- Experience working with AWS
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.