Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a diverse community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but also creating epic entertainment and the technology that drives our customers’ experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner.
Blizzard Entertainment’s Esports Infrastructure IT team is looking for an experienced and talented Senior Systems Engineer to help Blizzard continue to establish the Overwatch League (OWL) and Blizzard Esports as a top-rated product and entertainment experience for our fans. So why Blizzard? Our unique blend of opportunity, environment, and people all help make Blizzard the studio worthy of your career. You’ll be joining a systems engineering team that attacks challenges and crafts solutions with the same enthusiasm and creativity as our players do in our games. We love keeping up with the latest technology, and taking pride in designing, implementing, and innovating on the highest level of availability, performance, and global enterprise systems platforms possible.
And just like the company, our team is built on a culture of passion for who we are, what we create, and who we support. We want to hear from skilled Sr. Systems experts who are ready and eager to continue this adventure with us. If you like what you read below, send us your data!
What is Blizzard Esports Infrastructure IT?
Our team’s mission statement: Innovating and delivering global technology solutions to power the most epic entertainment experience... Ever. Our team is challenged with building out global enterprise level system infrastructure, utilizing on-prem, cloud, and multi 3rd party platform technologies to deliver our services. (Microsoft Windows, Azure, AWS, OpenStack, Open Source Automation platforms, Puppet/Chef, etc.)
- Translate high-level business strategic objectives, limited project scope, team and cross team goals into systems technology requirements and conceptual architecture
- Develop and support comprehensive Windows, Linux, and Cloud architectures that meet requirements and integrate into the overall enterprise design across Blizzard
- Participate in IT systems infrastructure project design, reviews, cross organizational related projects, and ensure systems architecture goals and requirements are standardized
- Work with and across global data center architecture, both US and international environments, and remote venues to design and implement large or localized systems infrastructures supporting OWL systems stack, game match events, and potential single day events
- Proven track record in delivering on capacity planning, performance planning, and operational readiness efforts of implemented systems architectures
- Perform systems troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common systems, platform, desktop architecture related problems
- Support and collaborate on the development, implementation and administration of processes and procedures to ensure the reliability, recoverability, and optimum performance of infrastructure systems and solutions
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects
- Collaborate with IT Security and IT Infrastructure Operations ensuring network compliance, auditing, and security standards are being met
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with:
- Windows Server 2016 or above, Windows virtualization, VMWare, VXRail, core infrastructure services, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Cisco UCS Server experience a plus
- Networking expertise or experience: TCP/IP, Network routing, Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, virtual networks, VPN, ACL controls, Web Security/URL Filtering, IPSec, Antivirus & Malware Prevention, IPv4 and IPv6 experience is must
- Cloud, systems, and automation, proven background and experience with any of the below:
- Cloud automation through Azure, AWS, Google cloud experience
- Azure Automation
- Google Deployment Manager
- AWS CloudFormation
- Serverless cloud experience a plus
- Experience in systems security implementation including:
- Device Hardening
- Designing with least privileged access scenarios
- Systems vulnerability assessment and intrusion detection
- Known good state rollback practices and implementation
- Operational supportability implementation of enterprise systems
- Operational experience running a large-scale infrastructure (24x7x365)
- Knowledge or experience of DevOps CI/CD models, experiences with customized built from the ground up applications and services
- Knowledge or experience with ITIL v3
- Workflow experience with Agile or Scrum
Education, Experience, and Certifications Desired
- Microsoft and/or Linux certifications
- AWS, Azure, Google Cloud related certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent industry experience
- 10+ years of progressive experience in systems architecture, design, engineering and implementation in global IT infrastructure, with added plusses of gaming services and gaming platforms experience and background
- SAN, NAS, DAS, Cloud Storage experience (Dell, EMC, HP, OpenDrives, etc.)
- Implementation, supporting, and troubleshooting media streaming services or platforms
- Network experience working with Media Access Managers (MAM) and systems support
- Systems engineering experience with Broadcast services/systems
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.