We are looking for a talented and experienced senior UX designer to help create an epic experience for our players. If you have a passion for mobile game development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we want to hear from you!
Our team values creativity, collaboration, and a commitment to quality, and we are searching for like-minded developers to join us. Together we will learn, grow, and ultimately achieve success by developing epic experiences for our players.
Our ideal senior UX designer will work closely with game designers, artists, and engineers to conceptualize, design, and iterate across all gameplay features and systems. You will bring your experience with UX, mobile, and interaction design to ensure everything feels cohesive, intuitive, and easy to use from day one.
- Work with game designers to translate game system requirements into experiences.
- Collaborate with engineers to identify and solve for complex edge cases.
- Craft UX artifacts to communicate solutions (flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.).
- Design and visualize user interface screens, transitions, animations, and VFX.
- Establish and maintain patterns for flows, layouts, and interactions.
- Work closely with artists and visual designers to establish a consistent visual identity and language that supports the experience.
- Iterate and evolve designs based on player feedback.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Commit to Quality.”
- 5+ years working as a UX designer in gaming or interactive design field.
- Experienced designing UX for multiple shipped mobile products.
- Expert knowledge of mobile device and OS specific design patterns (iOS/Android).
- Expert knowledge of UX process and usability design principles.
- Expert understanding of hierarchy and layout design principles.
- Strong visual design skills and experience working closely with artists.
- Ability to work well within a dynamic, cross-discipline, iterative team environment.
- Self-motivated and collaborative, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Positive attitude and the ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
- Awareness of current trends in user interface design.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills.
- Proficient in multiple design tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch, Framer, Principle, Zeplin, Flinto, etc.
- Illustration skills to paint UI screens, frames, borders, icons, etc.
- Implementation of UI screens in a Unity based game client.
- Experience working within Agile/Kanban development teams.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter (recommended)
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant UX/UI skills required
- Only online submissions are accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- Must be willing to complete a UX/UI test if required to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.