Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptional Mobile Art Director to help us push the artistic vision and development of Blizzard's mobile gaming efforts.
As a leader, you will be a motivational catalyst for the art team. As an artist, you will help define the look of new characters, environments, and architecture for Blizzard's mobile games.
Are you the type to ignite others both as a leader and as an artist? Do you have experience driving and communicating a clear vision in a highly-collaborative environment? Do you thrive in managing and mentoring creatives and being a true partner to Engineering, Production, Design and Audio teams? If so, come join us! Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.Responsibilities
- Create concept paintings, models, textures, and other benchmark assets that inspire others.
- A proven ability to visually tackle problems in collaboration with the broader game team, including other artists, art leads, and design leads.
- Collaborate with other art directors across the company in defining the Blizzard style.
- Proven ability to direct multiple art disciplines.
- Partner with production to ensure schedules and plans meet business and project needs.
- Partner with other disciplines to ensure the team is healthy and strong.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience crafting video game art.
- A minimum of five years' experience working on mobile games.
- Genuinely collaborative—you truly enjoy working with others.
- You take initiative to solve problems and you have excellent follow-through.
- You thrive in a collaborative work culture.
- Experience working with others to develop a unique and cohesive visual style.
- A desire to work closely with game design to ensure the game's art improves the player experience.
- An ability and desire to explore a wide variety of ideas to push the Blizzard style for mobile games.
- Portfolio (preferred but not required to apply) – Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
- Cover Letter (optional)
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.