Blizzard Entertainment China is seeking a game project manager to assist with live operations for World of Warcraft in China. The game project manager will interface with headquarter game development teams on global projects implementation in China. The role is responsible for managing live operation projects, centralizing communication and ensuring China player needs, technical needs and franchise goals are being met.
The ideal candidate is highly organized individual with outstanding communication and project management skills. Being a passionate World of Warcraft players, Self-motivated with good follow-up skills are a must, as well as knowledge of game development process and familiarity with the Battle.Net platform.
Responsible for day-to-day live ops
- Act as central point of contact and information resource for game and development teams from headquarters and local publishing teams for franchise live operation in China.
- Communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with functional organizations in China and headquarter to ensure that live operation issues and other issues critical to our business are given visibility and escalated as needed.
- Lead weekly live operations meetings, report to management on the status of current projects, risks and opportunities as they relate to both publishing teams and operations.
Support franchise and product management
- Partner with local legal team to provide most-up-to date compliance requirement to development teams and ensure changes are made in a timely manner for game approval or in production.
- Lead and develop project plans as it relates to operations for game launches, patches, and service updates. Understand game development timelines and has ability to adapt project plan and content additions accordingly.
- Participate in go-to-market strategy alignment, execution monitoring and manage live operations. Monitor and track franchise performance. Provide franchise update and reports as required to management.
- Provide motivation and direction to ensure that WOW’s project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved.
- Anticipate, identify, and troubleshoot issues on a proactive basis and ensure that plans are put in place and executed in order to provide timely resolution.
- Support and monitor the execution of WoW programs and MKT activities.
- Ensure China operations team is prepared and aware of upcoming changes to the game service (e.g. patches, hotfixes, other game updates and maintenance times, etc).
- Ensure game teams and relevant headquarter groups are aware of local events (e.g. holidays, industry events, eSports events, program launches, etc.) local game trends, competition and the community that are relevant to ongoing operations.
- Consolidate WOW related project information and create regular reports to keep stakeholders updated.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or relevant experienc
- A minimum of 2 years’ operational experience in the game or tech / internet industry
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in global project management
- Strong knowledge of game development process
- Able to communicate effectively and collaboratively with departmental, regional, and global leads
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Fluency in English and Mandarin, both written and spoken
- A Passionate World of Warcraft player with deep understanding of the game
- Computer science or business management degree
- Advanced project management certifications
- International experience
- Shipped AAA PC or console titles
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.