Sr. Esports Editor
Blizzard Entertainment is dedicated to creating the most epic gaming experiences. Ever! And Blizzard Taiwan is an exciting extension of the Blizzard family, with a workplace that reflects the spirit of collaboration, creative talent, and international mindset of not just our organization but of Taiwan itself.
Want to join us?
We believe in the power of esports to engage, excite, and feed the passion of our fans, and are looking for an experienced professional to join our Taiwan esports team to help shape our vision for telling compelling stories to do so. The Esports Editor will lead the direction and curation of all esports-related content – generated internally, by partners and by our community – and publishing these materials on our owned channels. The ideal candidate is an experienced writer and editor from the gaming, sports or entertainment industry, with a passion for esports.
- Cover Blizzard TW’s full slate of esports programs from grass roots to pro.
- Collaborate with internal and external content generators to plan, source and produce compelling esports web content in text and video.
- Publish and maintain content on Blizzard’s esports web properties to drive continuous engagement, in- and out-of-season.
- Formulate and refine our esports web content development strategy in data-centric way to grow and maximize reach on owned channels.
- Coordinate with our internal Community and PR teams to promote esports content on social and earned media.
- Stay up to date with the esports scene, including regional and global trends.
- Bachelor degree in journalism, communications or related field.
- Minimum of  years’ experience working in journalism, community management, PR, or related field, including editing experience.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills, for both technical and creative content.
- Passion for and knowledge of esports, with an emphasis on Overwatch, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm or StarCraft II.
- Independent self-starter with the ability to plan, organize, prioritize and multi-task to manage multiple projects to meet tight deadlines, with little supervision.
- Able to creatively envision new ideas and stories, and develop and execute them to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with internal stakeholders, pro gamers and teams, and external fansites and communities.
- Deep familiarity with current social media trends.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Available for occasional travel.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Passion for and knowledge of esports, with an emphasis on Overwatch, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm or StarCraft II
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
- Passion for sports.
- Active participant or leader within the Blizzard community.
- Video editing skills.
- Strong PowerPoint creation skills.
- Highly rated competitive gamer.
Required application materials
Three writing samples about eSports, gaming, sports or other relevant topics.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.