Blizzard is seeking a Senior Manager of Strategic Sourcing who would be responsible for the transformation, strategy and execution of complex, long-term sourcing strategies across numerous Activision Blizzard categories. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a newly formed Strategic Sourcing function in a fast-paced and dynamic business in the entertainment industry.
The role will be responsible for forming relationships with internal stakeholders, evaluating new suppliers, negotiating current contracts with an emphasis on price, terms, quality, and to execute on consolidation opportunities. You will work closely with many people across the organization to develop eﬀective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans. We’re looking for a sourcing expert with a consistent record of actively identifying process eﬃciencies, anticipating business needs, and implementing solutions across the organization.Your Responsibilities
- Understand the business, its competitive environment, and appropriate benchmarks
- Drive forecasting process and analyze trends
- Drive the process to select, evaluate, onboard suppliers
- Develop RFP’s and negotiate new contracts
- You will lead a systematic, analytical and results-based method for monitoring supplier's performance and communicate results to suppliers and stakeholders
- Lead issues and quality concerns with suppliers to ensure timely resolution
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve eﬀectiveness; perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking; articulate ideas clearly demonstrating eﬀect on the bottom line
- Monitor strategy implementation
- Drive annual productivity improvements and cost savings initiatives to targeted goals
The ideal candidate has great EQ, is a natural relationship builder, has strong negotiation skills, and excellent communication skills. The role will require independent thinking and a self-starter mentality.Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant ﬁeld of study
- 7+ years of Strategic Sourcing or Procurement experience, with a strategic (not transactional) focus, ideally at a multinational company
- Experience leading sourcing in categories such as professional services, HR, facilities, marketing, studio production, event production.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic mindset and solid analytical skills
- Strong negotiating skills and experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to seamlessly work with stakeholders with different personalities across the organization
- Quantitative Analysis - ﬁnancial or price modeling-both creation of model itself and performing the analysis from which a negotiation strategy is determined, requires comprehension of complex business objectives and a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Project Management (medium to large scale); able to handle and prioritize multiple projects
- Proven ability to roll up sleeves and work together with team members
- Able to work independently, with limited direction and limited ability to delegate
- Able to work in an ambiguous environment that is constantly changing
- MBA from Top University
- CPSM, CPM, CPP, PMP, Six Sigma, or similar certifications
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Finance / Accounting
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.