Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an Associate Esports Manager with outstanding management and communication skills to monitor the design and development of esports programs for Blizzard franchises in China.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter who is flexible and can adapt quickly to changing goals and objectives in the fast-paced esports industry. This person has a proven track record of contributing ideas that help create successful broadcast events. They must be able to produce epic experiences for our fans and players while still working within budget and time constraints. They’re ready to bring their production savvy and adaptability to the changing goals and objectives of the fast-paced esports industry.
The ideal candidate will be directly report to Esports Manager and assist with a proven track record of designing creative competitive tournament systems, proactively identifying key esports strategies, anticipating business needs, and implementing solutions across the organization.
- Develop and / or execute esports strategies and manage the execution of esports competition, events, and communication in China
- Develop compelling stories and scripts to capture the adventure and excitement of competitive Overwatch play
- Maintain broad view of competitive scene, update story lines and scripts based on the evolving meta and seasonal play
- Meet and exceed agreed upon key performance indicators for each program
- Oversee the execution of day-to-day operations and upkeep for developed Overwatch esports event program
- Create and maintain schedules for pre-production and production, ensuring proper resources and plan for all contingencies
- Develop and distribute management level reports in support of business update / reviews
- Work in close partnership with the Esports Manager and collaboratively with the China Publishing team and functional esports counterparts in the Unites States to communicate updates and push for consensus
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in esports, organized play, sports organizations management, or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in partner management
- Professional experience working with the development and execution of competitive gaming, pro-gaming, ladders, leagues, and tournaments
- Strategic thinker with strong management and communication skills
- Prior event and / or tournament planning, organization and budgeting experience
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Strong written, reading, and oral business communication skills in both English and Chinese, with the ability to work with other members across the organization
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and a full work load
- Able to interface effectively with both gamers and business people
- Experience working effectively in a team environment with global team members
- Passionate player of video games, particularly Overwatch and other Blizzard Entertainment games
- Able for occasional travel, including international travel
- Active participant or leader within the Blizzard Entertainment esports communities
- Demonstrated understanding of the technical and logistical aspects of broadcasting content and live event production
- Presentation, teaching, or other public speaking experience
- Active participant or robust knowledge of the esports or blizzard esports communities
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Overwatch
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Blizzard universes, including Overwatch, Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Heroes of the Storm
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.