Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide. Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Senior Analyst to support Mobile Game data analysis needs during development and live operation. We are looking for someone who can lead strategic analysis focused on identification, evaluation, and execution of opportunities to drive growth and operational excellence.
- Slice through petabytes of data to find compelling and actionable business insights
- Apply vision and confidence to design and direct qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Effectively communicate findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Collaborate with Game Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and co-developer partners to deliver business impact
- Stay abreast of industry trends and innovations
REQUIRED TALENT BUILD
- Arcane Brilliance: Analytical orientation and strong problem-solving skills, demonstrated by the ability to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions. Tireless advocate for the use of data to solve problems.
- Power Word: Curiosity: Curious, internally-motivated self-starter with ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to manage multiple projects and achieve results.
- Break it down!: Superior communications, presentation, and facilitation skills: must have the ability to structure a concise, clear presentation of findings, based on large sets of complex data, and effectively present this to any level in the organization.
- Chart the Course: Capable of building highly functional and beautiful dashboards.
- Confident Aim: Strong quantitative skills with a penchant for analytical query writing.
- Stay Awhile and Listen: Excellent interpersonal skills. Effective with storytelling using data and appropriate visualizations.
GEAR LEVEL REQUIREMENT
- 5+ years of work experience in data analytics or data science roles
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative field (Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, etc.)
- Advance degree (MGA, MS Analytics, MBA, Ph.D.) a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with some or all of the following:
- Data visualization
- Data modeling
- Experiment design
- Proficient in SQL; Adept in at least one visualization tool such as Tableau
- Experience with one or more programing or scripting languages (R, Python, etc.) a plus.
- Familiar with mobile game/app development process
Other jobs in Analytics / Research
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.