Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an enthusiastic programmer to join the classic games team. They will empower the team with new and powerful tools by working on build systems, asset pipelines, deployment apps, and developer workflows. The ideal candidate will be self-driven and a strong problem solver with a passion for learning new systems and improving old ones.
- Maintain build systems for performance, stability, and error-free operation.
- Design and implement development tools for all disciplines.
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in application programming
- Experience with Python
- Strong programming skills in C / C++
- Experience with modern source control systems, such as Subversion, Git, or Perforce
- Able to work effectively with a variety of disciplines
- Passion for tools development, with a service-oriented attitude
- Knowledge of C#
- Server deployment and live ops for Windows and Mac OS X
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with MySQL or other relational databases
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.