We are looking for a talented and motivated Windows Security Engineer to join its ranks in Irvine, CA.
You will have a proven background in designing and operating systems in medium to large enterprises with a strong affinity for Windows Enterprise Security and Active Directory. You’ll be building, breaking, and securing our global security infrastructure. You'll have a strong security mindset, be passionate about infrastructure, and excited to protect our network and endpoints against all threats.Responsibilities
- Design, architect, and implement defensive security controls for Azure, Office365, Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, Windows Hello/PKI, Windows 10 Enterprise, and Server 2016.
- Perform security evaluations on new platforms, products, architectures, vendors, and services to protect the Blizzard Entertainment network.
- Design and implement security improvements in close collaboration with business and operational teams.
- Maintain engineering and security documentation; deliver training and awareness to employees at all opportunities.
- Research and recommend creative and automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that use our resources and function at scale.
- Considerable experience with Windows-based architectures and security design. Able to adequately explain complex topics to a technical audience on a wide range of subjects.
- Scripting and automation proficiency (e.g., PowerShell, Python, Visual Basic, etc.)
- Proven foundation in network security which compliments your system and server expertise
- Excellent communication capabilities
- Familiarity with Public Key Infrastructure and routine operations
- A minimum of 2 years within an engineering focused role in a middle to large scale enterprise, and at least 6 years of broad IT experience.
- MCSE or equivalent technology certifications
- Familiarity with ESAE Administrative Forest Design
- Real passion for video games and most importantly, safeguarding them!
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are passionate about working at Blizzard and what games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.