Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a senior client engineer for one of our unannounced projects. The ideal candidate is passionate about having a voice in high-level direction, collaborating with a small team of engineers, and getting their hands dirty with day-to-day development. Each member of our small team of veteran developers will have the chance to have a big impact on the overall design, artistic vision, and technology of a new mobile game.
- Play a key role in shaping the technological future of the project.
- Assist in defining the project’s overall technical vision, collaborating across a diverse cross-discipline team to ensure that gameplay, core engine, tools, technical art, and platform goals are clearly defined and met.
- Collaborate with engineers, artists, designers, and producers to identify short-term and long-term needs.
- Individually contribute to and lead the development of sustainable and maintainable technologies and systems.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Gameplay First”
- At least 8 years of professional programming experience or equivalent
- Worked on one or more AAA mobile titles or equivalent
- Fluency in C++ or C#
- Effective communication skills with developers of all technical skill levels
- Excited by improving iteration times and reducing friction
- Self-motivated and a phenomenal teammate willing to pitch in on many areas in development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Shipped one or more AAA mobile titles or equivalent
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, or other development engines
- Experience developing and maintaining Android & iOS build pipelines
- Experience with IMGUI or other rapid GUI development frameworks
- Familiarity with Git, Perforce, or Subversion
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.