Blizzard Entertainment's Information Systems team is looking for an experienced and talented engineer to contribute to the continuous development of Blizzard’s internal infrastructure-as-a-service and automation offerings. The ideal candidate is experienced in designing, operating, and troubleshooting automation solutions supporting complex and mission critical applications, proactively identifying areas of improvement, and evangelizing the benefits of automation across the organization.
This individual is ideally a self-starter who takes every opportunity to automate and level up our existing automation and tooling. Working directly with our project management and development teams, they will have a unique opportunity to drive change and have a material impact on the business. This role requires interaction with other Blizzard support and development teams, therefore strong communication and interpersonal skills are required as well as a desire for delivering great customer service.
- Lead the development of workflows and scripts to support automated provisioning of on-premises and external cloud resources
- Enhance and augment our infrastructure codebase
- Work with other engineers and architects to refine and market our offerings
- Work with our development teams to help automate their workloads
- Be an advocate and ambassador for automation across the business
- Support our corporate IT compute platform, during business hours and in an on-call rotation
- Document decisions and solutions
- 5 years’ experience with cloud automation or orchestration platforms (e. g. Puppet, OpenStack, vRealize, Ansible, Terraform)
- 5 years’ experience architecting configuration management systems such as Puppet, Chef
- 5 years’ Experience with complex application topologies (deploying and or maintaining)
- A passion for optimizing processes through automation
- A code-first mentality for implementing change
- Fluent with the Windows operating system
- You are familiar with ITIL principles and Agile methodologies
- You care about your work, your colleagues and your team
- You are committed to excellence in customer service
- Proficient with datacenter technologies (storage, compute, networking platforms)
- Proficient with datacenter networking concepts
- ServiceNow experience
- VMware/Hyper-V/KVM Experience
- Experience with network automation (NXAPI/ACI/VMware NSX)
- You have a degree in computer science.
- You love video games and other geeky stuff.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.