Arcane Explosion and Ancient Healing! Claw and Cleave! Bane of Doom! The Hearthstone team is looking for an FX artist to create evocative visual effects in the fun and whimsical style that is synonymous with Hearthstone. You’ll develop real time effects from concept to implementation and work to maintain a consistent aesthetic across all of the effects in the game. The ideal candidate has a strong grasp of color, texture, shape and timing as relates to FX and a passion for gameplay and storytelling. We are looking first and foremost a great addition to our team so all levels welcome!
- Experience with creating consistently charming, eye-catching, real-time effects (FX) using Photoshop, Maya, and in-game FX systems.
- Solid game design awareness and an exceptional game design-oriented collaborator.
- Superior eye for lighting, value, color, details, and the ability to use them in creating beautiful visual effects that support gameplay.
- Self-motivation, excellent communication skills, and able to work within a team.
- Positive attitude and able to receive and provide objective feedback.
- Passion for creating charming and lighthearted imagery synonymous with Hearthstone.
- A passion for games.
- Experience creating real-time, in-game VFX for a variety of platforms from desktop to mobile.
- Familiarity with the Unity game engine.
- Technical skills such as experience shader authoring, scripting, or working with FSMs such as PlayMaker.
- Previous game production experience.
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Portfolio, and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
Please be sure to click through and apply directly via our website
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.