The concept of “Blizzard polish” is derived from the infinite care and loving attention to detail put into every aspect of our games. This concept is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA.
As the technical branch of QA, Blizzard compatibility is a world class team; we perform compatibility and performance testing for all our games and work hand-in-hand with game team engineers and hardware vendors to ensure our players will have the most epic experiences possible. You could say we’re a little obsessed about technology – okay, you could say a lot obsessed. We’re early adopters for emerging tech and next-gen hardware, so whatever is coming next in gaming technology gets into our hands first. As you can imagine, we’re a group that is constantly evolving, improving, and ultimately succeeding as a team. We’re looking for proactive, like-minded folks who can’t stop learning and have a natural curiosity about their craft, be that keeping up with the latest hardware and software or writing a little script, collaborating and troubleshooting on the fly, understanding how games interact with hardware, and of course having a passion for gaming. We genuinely love what we do for a living and expect the same from everyone who joins us. If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
- Partner with developers in the creation of requirements so that they can be eﬀectively tested
- Deliver test design, test execution, test library maintenance, and test closure results through both manual and automated gray-box test approaches
- Execute interoperability, performance, and network emulation test sweeps across all platforms and provide technical analysis of results
- Develop test plans with a strategic selection of test methodologies, including but not limited to data validation, regression testing, integration testing, and performance/load testing
- Run and maintain automated testing scripts with the goal of increasing test coverage through automation
- Collaborate with software developers and hardware vendors to investigate and resolve issues
- Build and troubleshoot computer systems, servers, and virtual machines
- Use appropriate measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality
- Adhere to department SLAs within project management (i.e. JIRA) and test related tools (i.e. TestRail)
- Be a creative thinker who can quickly and thoroughly identify and test for ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality
- Help others develop appropriate knowledge and skills through training and constructive feedback
- Create and maintain a library of Windows and macOS images
- Configure, deploy, and maintain unique configuration systems
- Handle other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in software or hardware testing
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) or equivalent
- Proficient in at least one programming language such as Python
- Advanced knowledge of computer processors, memory, graphics, network technologies, and virtual machines
- Highly proficient in installing and maintaining all supported Windows and macOS operating systems
- Strong experience testing Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- Skilled use of software development and debugging tools
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret data/workflows, recognize critical issues, and raise concerns
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), speciﬁcally QA processes in agile and waterfall development environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including accurate and timely reporting
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Flexible and team-oriented, with excellent interpersonal and follow-up skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Passion for games, commitment to quality, and continuous improvement
- White-box testing experience
- CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent
- ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level (CTAL) or equivalent
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.