The new Battle.net is a full-featured online game service that will deliver the ultimate social and competitive experience for Blizzard Entertainment gamers everywhere. Designed specifically around Blizzard titles, Battle.net will include a complete set of around-the-game features, including a state-of-the-art matchmaking system, achievement system, social networking features, structured competitive play options, a marketplace, and much more. Our vision is to create an environment where gamers can compete online, develop an online persona, and stay connected to friends and the rest of the community while enjoying our games.
The senior software engineer must be able to work both independently and in conjunction with team members and product groups. Enthusiasm and flexibility in working on a variety of projects is necessary. The ideal applicant is someone who enjoys technical challenges and the satisfaction of overcoming them.
This position within the Battle.net team is focused on the development of the Battle.net platform, which provides APIs and technologies that underpin the features being developed for the service.
- Mastery of C++
- A minimum of 8 years' or more of professional experience.
- Networking experience in TCP, UDP, and higher level protocols
- Distributed systems experience
- Protocol design / optimization experience
- Secure coding experience (encryption, denial of service mitigation)
- Code optimization experience
- Architecture (cloud, client / server) experience
- Experience with virtualization/containerization technologies and infrastructure as a service
- Experience designing sustainable APIs, and managing their lifecycles
- A passion for video games, and building a scalable network platform
- Professional game development experience
- Client / Server architecture experience
- Knowledge of voice codecs and the SIP protocol
- Network engineering experience, anywhere from business logic to packet protocols
- Knowledge of network security issues
- Multiple platform development experience (Linux, Windows, OSX)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Agile development exposure
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.