Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Sr. Program Manager to help us build the ultimate platform for online entertainment.
We are looking for a passionate and skilled individual to inspire gamers through the creation of the world’s best online game platform which enables them to engage in Blizzard’s legendary fantasy worlds.
The Battle.net group handles a large number of projects that are not tied to individual games, but shared among all of Blizzard’s games past and future. This position will help define and execute the vision for various engineering systems, engineers, and game team stakeholders. You will interact with senior technical leaders and engineers for all games at Blizzard as well as senior managers within Battle.net. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned product or program manager. Prior experience managing large, complex, multi-year projects, the right balance of technical and soft skills, experience with large scale complex online services, a passion for building great services end-to-end, the organizational skills to drive quality across complex organizations, and the ability to partner with many different types of people.
- Deliver key platform features or enhancements to existing systems, owning the complete lifecycle from while working closely with partners across all of Blizzard.
- Act as product owner for components of the platform to ensure that features address business needs and are developed on time.
- Balance competing requirements and dependencies with internal and external teams.
- Drive change management process to capture change requests, communicate impact, request stakeholder decisions, and execute changes if applicable.
- Author critical program management specifications, roadmaps, and related deliverables.
- Own and drive internal and external partner relationships with key stakeholders.
- Become a deep, functional expert in building a world class gaming service.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience working in server / service development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Strong understanding of software development processes, project management methodologies, and performance management
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Able to succeed in a chaotic, undefined environment
- Passion for Blizzard games
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.