Blizzard Entertainment’s mobile applications provide millions of players with rich, interactive experiences that enable them to stay engaged with our universes wherever they are.
As an associate UX designer on our mobile team, you will combine your skills and passion for mobile product and interaction design to help craft and execute the user experience of Blizzard’s mobile apps. You will bring your passion for interaction design and gaming to help guide players’ journey through Blizzard’s universes, events and communities on mobile. You will work closely with engineers, product managers, and team members to define workflows, design comps and ultimately bring Blizzard experiences to our players’ mobile devices.
This role is a perfect fit for candidates who are entrepreneurial, excited about working in a fast and agile environment, and passionate about the opportunity to learn & grow within an established, fun, and highly-motivated design team. Join us!
- Help define the user experience and strategy for Blizzard’s cross-game mobile apps in collaboration with the team and other Blizzard departments.
- Understand our players by analyzing their behavior, motivations, pain points, and needs through analytics, competitive analysis, user interviews, focus groups, A / B testing, and other research methods.
- Contribute to mobile design solutions through high-level discussion and creation of concepts, wireframes, flowcharts, prototypes, and detailed mockups.
- Collaborate and build relationships with designers, program managers, engineers, user researchers, content strategists, and quality assurance analysts to create mobile products that are aligned with franchise and company goals and players’ needs.
Intern Guild Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Graduating between December 2016 – August 2017
- Authorized to work in the US
- Currently pursuing a degree (bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral) in design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field
- Passion for native mobile technology, gaming, and for creating great user-centered experiences
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Able to explain the thought process behind your design and interaction solutions and to rally people around your approaches
- Comprehension of iOS and Android platform capabilities, interface conventions, user standards, design patterns and application experience
- Solid understanding of information flow, readability, human-centered design and interface usability principles
- Experience with designing experiences for native mobile applications
- Knowledge of methods for gathering and analyzing UX research data through competitive analysis, surveys, interviews, etc.
- Serious passion for gaming and belief in Blizzard’s core values
- Please provide us with a URL or PDF file
- Your portfolio should showcase project mockups, wireframes, case studies, etc. Bonus points if you provide Blizzard-inspired samples!
- Cover Letter
- Tell us why you are interested in Blizzard
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in UX / Visual Design
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.