Blizzard Entertainment is currently looking for an experienced and creative user interface (UI) designer for an unannounced mobile game. The UI designer will work closely with the rest of the UI team, Lead Artist, and designers to conceptualize, design, and implement an intuitive user interfaces for features on mobile platforms.
- Help define a clean and novel user experience
- Apply and maintain a consistent art style throughout the entire project interface
- Create animated prototypes demonstrating UI interaction models and visual effects
- Implement art and UI designs in the game client
- Collaborate with a team of engineers for data APIs and implementation requirements
- Iterate using feedback to drive and polish features to a high-quality state
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the gaming, graphic arts, or interaction design field
- Strong graphic design skills: an understanding of typography, bold shapes, and fluency in Adobe Photoshop
- Strong understanding of UI and usability principals
- Awareness of current trends in user interface design
- Able to work well with a team in a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative setting
- Able to understand technical implementations and limitations
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A passion for video games and user interface design
- Game industry experience designing user interfaces for software titles
- Prototyping skills with tools such as Adobe After Effects, InVision, and proto.io
- Wire-framing experience
- Traditional 2D sketching and composition skills
- Extensive experience playing Blizzard Entertainment games
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.