Blizzard Entertainment has an amazing opportunity for a senior engine programmer to join the fray on Overwatch. As a contributor, you will be working with one of the industry’s greats on Blizzard’s physics and collision engine.
You will work alongside a team of some of the best artists, engineers, and designers on the planet and enjoy the support of a company whose culture is centered on collaborative game development. We are gamers at heart at Blizzard – across all levels - and it shows in our craft.
If you thrive in an environment that values communication and knowledge sharing, drop us a line! This is a full-time position on Blizzard’s main campus in Irvine, CA.
- Work closely with Overwatch designers, artists, and the engine team to create and support exciting in-game experiences.
- Develop new functionality and tune the Blizzard physics and collision engine.
- Bring great ideas from inception to fruition.
- Computer science, applied math, physics or related degree
- Advanced understanding of C++
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency in linear algebra, calculus, and differential equations
- Experience or knowledge of three-dimensional rigid body dynamics, collision detection, and computational geometry
- Experience working with a physics engine (such as Havok, PhysX or Bullet)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in game programming, including working on at least one AAA shipped title
- Strong research skills and grasp of industry and academic literature
- Excellent communications skills
- Passion for video games
- Master’s degree or higher in math or physics
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Passion for FPS games
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.