The Battle.net Client Group develops the Battle.net desktop application forPC and Mac. The Battle.net desktop application presents a seamless experiencefor Blizzard Entertainment's products: news about games, a portal to the digitalstore, a hub to update and launch games, and a place where millions of playerscan socialize with their friends. The primary mission for the Battle.net appteam is to create an approachable and accessible portal to get customers playingBlizzard's games as quickly and effortlessly as possible.
The Senior Software Engineer must be able to work both independently and inconjunction with team members and product groups. Enthusiasm and flexibility in working on a variety of projects are also necessary. The ideal applicant issomeone who enjoys technical challenges and the satisfaction of overcoming them.
This position within the Battle.net team is focused on the development of theBattle.net platform which provides APIs and technologies that underpin thefeatures being developed for the service. Strong candidates will check severalboxes in the "pluses" section as well as fulfilling "requirements".
- Advanced C++
- Distributed systems/async programming experience
- Architecture (API design, concurrency, design patterns) experience
- Experience with network and client security considerations
- Experience with debugging and optimization
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- A passion for video games
- Modern C++ (11/14, boost, modern STL)
- OSX development experience
- Experience programming with Qt
- Python experience
- Experience using web services/APIs (Facebook, Google, etc)
- Familiarity with network protocols such as HTTP
- Protocol design/implementation experience (Google Protocol Buffers)
- Experience with git as a version control system
- Agile development exposure
- UML diagramming experience (class, sequence diagrams)
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.