Do you love Blizzard games? Does Blizzard sound like an awesome place to work? Do you want to make Blizzard a more awesome place to work?
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking enthusiastic Lead Software Engineers to join our Corporate Applications group in Irvine, CA. You'll join an über-collaborative team developing products that Blizzard uses to create the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. You'll literally help build tools used every day at Blizzard for Game Production, Development, IT, Human Resources, Finance, QA, Internal Communications, and much, much more!
Our engineers collaborate with user experience designers, graphic designers, back end engineers, front end engineers, and producers to create epic and efficient applications used by Blizzard employees worldwide. Additionally, they work closely together to share knowledge and push the department forward via group discussions, lightning talks, paired programming, mentoring, and embracing any technique that keeps us on the cutting edge of development.
In addition to being talented engineers, our Lead engineers are expected to spend a meaningful chunk of their time rallying the team around technology, mentoring engineers, driving architecture discussions and decisions, and working closely with all elements of the company to help make sure we're building the right tools in the most epic way possible. Additionally, Leads Engineers work closely with Engineering Managers to help guide careers, education, difficulty of work, team structure, and anything else that can facilitate Learning and Growing our engineers.
Our ideal candidate has experience leading or managing engineers, a strong background in .NET development, has found success (and failure!) with multiple different projects throughout their career, measures their success through the success of their team, has a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, and a long standing passion for playing games.
Are you up for the challenge?REQUIREMENTS
- At least 8 years of experience working on the .NET platform, including experience with .NET 4.0 or higher
- Experience architecting and developing applications using ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API, Windows Services, or other relevant platforms
- Previously lead or managed a team of engineers
- Capable of debugging and optimizing .NET code
- Experienced working with legacy code and greenfield projects
- Experience developing HTTP-based APIs (RESTful, RPC, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SDLC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience in developing and optimizing SQL Server based applications
- Great communications skills
- Passionate about career growth and willing to help others grow as well
- Comfortable working on cross-discipline teams (Engineering, Design, UX, Production, QA, etc.)
- Familiar with JS frameworks (NodeJS, AngularJS, Backbone, etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL solutions (RavenDB, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Fluency in multiple programming languages
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.