2020 SUMMER INTERNSHIPS
TEST ANALYST INTERN - QUALITY ASSURANCE
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020 – August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
A test analyst intern leverages a basic understanding of the fundamental test process to execute tasks that are provided to them. You will utilize defined test strategies or adapt them to new small-scale projects that you will get the opportunity to take ownership of. You'll also be responsible for identifying and communicating defects, risks, and feedback as they are identified, while providing ideas as to possible solutions. You'll also get the opportunity to learn about the game is made, the engine, editors, and tools all in an attempt to help ensure the highest quality epic experiences for our players!
- Execute provided testing tasks with an emphasis on manual test execution, test library maintanence, and test closure activities
- Work closely with other developers as content is delivered to ensure requirements are both verified and validated
- Use KPIs to validate and report against software quality SLAs
- Be a creative thinker who can test for ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality
- Responsible for working within project management (i.e. JIRA) and test related tools (i.e. TestRail)
- Support the test design effort through the creation and modification of test cases and work estimations
- Advocate of the user experience through delivery of qualitative reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding or willingness to learn of the fundamental test process
- Analyze and interpret data/workflows, recognize critical issues, and raise concerns
- Understand various SDLC best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including accurate and timely reporting
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Passion for games and software quality
- Gray box and white box testing experience
- CTFL, ISTQB or equivalent
- High-level of gaming knowledge and/or skill
- Passion for Blizzard’s line of products and services
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Please submit your application no later than January 31, 2020.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.