The StarCraft II team is seeking an experienced engineer to help drive development forward on various features, including support for our machine learning API. As part of a tightly integrated team, you will work closely with other engineers, designers, and artists to deliver new features to our players. Blizzard Entertainment offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Learn and understand the StarCraft II codebase
- Help develop and maintain the StarCraft II AI API
- Help develop new features
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to facilitate a great player experience
- Play an active role in supporting the game by helping address issues in production
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- 5+ years development experience
- Mastery of modern C++ fundamentals
- Strong data structures and algorithm skills
- Experience working in mixed language code-bases
- Understanding of pipelines, scalability, and maintainability
- Comfortable communicating with designers, artists, and producers
- Adaptable and willing to work on diverse aspects of a project
- Strong debugging skills
- Self-motivated, with a high degree of initiative
- Ability to be effective in a dynamic, energized, and fast-paced environment
- Commitment to quality
- Computer science or related degree
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks and tools
- Unix experience
- Familiarity with Python, Git, protocol buffers
- Knowledge of Jenkins
- Experience with database technologies – SQL, NoSQL, database design, schema design
- Full stack development experience including client, server, and tools
- Passion for Blizzard games, RTS games, and/or StarCraft II
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.