This role will join Broadcast team at the Blizzard Arena to craft groundbreaking experiences with a global reach. The Technical Director will collaborate on all events held at the Blizzard Arena, leading the technical production.
The role includes working with all incoming programs at the Blizzard Arena. They will work with 3rd-party vendors to develop floor-plans, set designs, and technical needs for each event.
This person will ensure Blizzard Broadcast continues to deliver top quality experiences through the implementation and management of all technologies (Audio/visual, lighting, fabrication, custom builds, staging and all related elements.).Responsibilities
- Partner with key stakeholders to define strategy and resources needs for specific events.
- Coordinate with production teams to provide all appropriate technical production procedures and resources for events and projects.
- Work with stakeholders in the creation of appropriate contingencies plans for all stages of projects
- Negotiate with 3rd party vendors to define and deliver services for successful execution of events within budget.
- Work with the business operations team to ensure invoices and contracts are properly approved and processed on a timely basis.
- Work with producers for approval and inclusion of technology and staging elements in overall event/project budgets
- Required 6-10 years of experience managing A/V, lighting technologies, staging, custom builds and related production elements.
- Consistent track record of managing technologies for all A/V and lighting, sound, projection, LED, LCD, broadcast, and other technical production related needs.
- Experience with site surveys: mapping out power, logistical, labor, rigging and permit needs.
- Strong and current vendor relationships and experience with the competitive bidding process.
- Must be flexible, and comfortable, in non-traditional work hours as needed (some nights and weekends). Ability to travel.
- Excellent computer skills that include Microsoft Office, MS Project or another project management tools a plus.
- Expertise in AutoCAD, Vector-works, SketchUp, and 3D/2D layout tools.
- Excellent planning, interpersonal and time-management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years equivalent work experience
- A love new and ground-breaking A/V, lighting, and technology.
- Proven history of custom builds in the areas of fabrication, staging, trussing and other related infrastructure.
- Experience working in broadcast and/or live online streaming of esports or similar live events.
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities and commitments, and meet deadlines.
- Ability work in a collaborative manner both internal teams, and with external vendors.
- Ability to lead projects and events within budget.
- Excellent judgment with the ability to actively identify issues/obstacles and effectively craft solutions.
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter, and enjoy a dynamic work environment.
- Knowledge of fire and safety regulations.
- Passionate video gamer and geek
- Love for Esports
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.