Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a passionate esports expert to drive the competitive Hearthstone scene in Europe. The program manager is responsible for executing esports plans and programs relating to Hearthstone in Europe as well as coordinating with other regional esports teams. The ideal candidate is driven to succeed and has the skills to communicate effectively with business partners, internal stakeholders, and the Hearthstone community. The ability to work autonomously, self-motivation, and outstanding written and spoken communications skills are vital to this role.
- Initiate and drive Hearthstone esports programs.
- Day-to-day coordination and execution of esports operations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with partners and the community.
- Communicate esports planning and objectives, aligned with the franchise’s direction, to internal teams and external partners.
- Stay updated on any genre-relevant information, internally and externally.
- Identify, coordinate, and fulfil the esports needs for events and tournaments.
- Write and present regular internal reports.
- Good judgement and decision-making skills under strict deadlines
- Excellent communications (listening, written, and verbal)
- Comprehensive knowledge of esports
- Dependable and self-organizing, with the desire to own and drive team efforts
- A positive attitude and ability to build strong relationships
- Able to work late shifts, weekends, and bank holidays as needed
- Able to travel as required
- Fluent in English
- Experience with technical writing and preparing documentation
- A proven track record demonstrating a passion for planning and execution of live events
- Fluency in another language
- Additional knowledge related to competitive TCGs and TCG communities
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.