How would it feel to have your code and tools be a key component of every Blizzard game? Are you an engineer that loves supporting other developers and optimizing workflows? Do you dream of a world where people are free to be creative while the machines handle the grind? Join our Horde!
You will join a team responsible for making a shared technology platform that is being leveraged across Blizzard. We'll partner with various game development teams to create a game engine designed to power the next generation of Blizzard games across a variety of platforms. The Senior Software Engineer, Automation position will be a vital player in this effort.
We are looking for an experienced engineer with a deep passion for automation and developer workflow enhancements. As part of this role, you will work with other experienced automation engineers in developing and designing new frameworks and infrastructure to optimize team efficiency, productivity, and happiness. You will be empowered to identify and solve emergent risks and to influence every stage of the project. Our ideal candidate has worked in automation at the enterprise-scale and enjoys supporting other engineers and building world-class infrastructure.
Come join us today and build something wonderful!
- Write clean, testable code in service of automation framework
- Administer build server clusters
- Create and maintain systems designed to automatically build, test, and deploy software
- Flexibly solve emergent problems using an array of technical and non-technical toolsets
- Support and empathize with engineers from across the development team
- Collaborate with other developers in identifying high value improvement opportunities
- Participate in code reviews and architecture planning
- Mentor other engineers in automation best practices and fundamentals
- Programming language fluency (ex: C#, Python)
- Jenkins (or similar) administration experience
- Excellent communication skills with developers of all disciplines and technical skill
- Passion for creating stable, first-class infrastructure
- Experience working in a collaborative, dynamic team environment and juggling multiple tasks
- Mobile development experience
- Familiarity with automated testing strategies and how to implement them
- Experience with Windows, Linux, or Mac systems administration
- Familiarity with cloud orchestration
- Experience with SCM systems (ex: Git, Perforce, etc.)
- Knowledge of branching and release strategies
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.