Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a passionate and talented designer to join our growing Web & Mobile team in Irvine, California.
As designer on the Web & Mobile team, you will combine your skills and experience in product, interaction, and visual design to help shape the end-to-end user experience of Blizzard’s gaming and corporate websites. You will combine your passion for UX design and gaming to help inform our research needs and product strategy, and will collaborate with members of other design, engineering, and program management teams to champion innovation and top-notch design techniques across all of Blizzard’s web and mobile products.
The position is a perfect fit for candidates who are self-motivated, willing to learn, and excited about working in a fast and agile environment. As our ideal candidate, you are a talented designer who can successfully combine your own skills with the design principles behind each of Blizzard's products to create amazing web experiences that are engaging, beautiful, fun, and easy to use.
Come join a team of experienced, passionate, and highly motivated individuals driven by a common passion to create the very best user experiences for our players.
- Create cutting-edge designs, from concept to execution, across multiple platforms and form factors: web, desktop applications, and mobile devices.
- Define, maintain, and propagate design style guides and reference documentation to support a coherent visual experience across several web projects.
- Seek input, requirements and iterative feedback from stakeholders across the company to help define creative design solutions, and present these back to the team and organization.
- End-to-end ownership: Drive creative projects from inception, through development, implementation, QA, launch, and ongoing support.
- Think strategically to define and champion solutions that improve products and processes across the team and company.
- Adapt product experiences to different audiences based on their needs and the devices they use (feature personalization, responsive design, accessibility, etc.).
- Partner with other Blizzard groups, including our global marketing, community, game development, and executive teams, to define and gain buy-in on product strategy.
- Help champion and implement user-centered design methodologies across the Web and mobile organization.
- Build close relationships with program managers, engineers, user researchers, content strategists, and quality assurance analysts to maintain strong project and team alignment.
- Grow and contribute to team culture.
- BA / BS Degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), or a related field or equivalent in-house experience
- Exceptional design, artistic, typographic, layout, and compositing abilities that you are eager to unleash upon Blizzard web products
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Strong ability and passion to collaborate in large multidisciplinary teams
- Clear and concise communication style enabling you to explain the thought process behind your visual design solutions, and rally people around your stated design goals
- Demonstrated understanding of information flow, readability, and interface usability principles
- Experience leveraging user research, key performance indicators, and site analytics to help make informed design decisions
- Attention to detail and solid organization
- Open-minded, friendly, and positive attitude
- Serious passion about gaming and belief in Blizzard’s Core Values
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies
- Experience working with After Effects
- Web design experience on large-scale gaming industry websites
- Renown to inflict terrible, terrible damage to friends and foes while playing StarCraft II, Heroes of the Storm, and Hearthstone
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please provide URL or PDF file
- Should showcase project mockups, wireframes, case studies, etc.
- Cover Letter
- Tell us why you are interested in working at Blizzard
Only submittals with all three will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.