Pull up a chair and join us! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Hearthstone team to work on fun and exciting player facing challenges. The ideal candidate will have a passion for end-to-end feature implementation, back-end scalability, and delivering quality content for continued player engagement. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work closely with designers, artists and other engineers to achieve the vision of the game and ensure a great player experience.
- Implement the logic (client and server-side) for various game features:
- New Single Player Experiences
- New Game Modes
- New Card Mechanics & AI
- Collection Manager and Shop
- Implement the client-side UI & FX for various game features within the Unity framework.
- Architect large scale projects and systems while being a technical expert and mentor on the team
- Enjoy a dynamic and collaborative environment: Be an Engineer, Designer and Gamer.
- Support emergent issues in a live environment.
- Maintain familiarity with Hearthstone’s design.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Gameplay First”.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in game development.
- Strong established skills with both C++ and C# languages.
- Good instincts for game design from a player’s perspective.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Regularly operates above and beyond the task at hand.
- High comfort level extending and improving an established code base.
- Passion and Drive to improve all facets of the game and unlock potential within the team.
- Able to communicate & collaborate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers.
- Familiarity with Hearthstone, at least at a casual player level.
- Avid Hearthstone player.
- Experience with implementing game logic in a largescale client/server environment.
- Previous experience shipping game titles or other software.
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.)
- Experience with the Unity platform.
- Linux development experience (server applications, gdb debugging, etc.)
- Experience supporting a live service.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree.
- Familiarity with other Blizzard Entertainment products.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.