Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Program Manager to join the Battle.net Data team. The team’s vision is to be the engineering backbone of our Gateway, Long/Near-Real-time Analytics and Data lake products.
This position will help define and execute the vision for key parts of our big data platform. You will interact with senior technical leaders, engineers across the company, and senior managers within Battle.net. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned program manager with prior experience managing complex, multi-year projects with the right balance of technical and soft skills, and ability to drive consensus among diverse teams of people.
- Learn - Understand what our customers and competitors are doing and why. Analyze performance in the marketplace for opportunities to innovate, improve customer experience, and increase adoption. You will help determine the use cases for the cloud and create a strategy for implementation.
- Develop vision and roadmaps - Help define clear and concise focus areas by identifying the desired business outcomes, priorities to improve and defining measurements to achieve this goal. Develop and guide the roadmap to set priorities in order to capture maximum business benefit while maintaining focus on creating the best experience for our gamers.
- Streamline processes – Identify and document best practices that our teams rely on to release with the highest quality and on schedule. Ensure the best agile practices are being applied to the software development cycle. Champion continuous improvements to maximize process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Own schedules – Develop schedules and own all commitments and operational plans. Anticipate and make tradeoffs to balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Provide visibility - Communicate project status and roadmap to varied audiences. Train employees / create new operational procedures
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working in platform development
- Experience working with large distributed systems and big data
- Experience managing large teams and multiple projects
- Skilled in risk assessment and management
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Strong proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office
- Strong understanding of software development processes, project management methodologies, and performance management
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Able to succeed in a chaotic, undefined environment
- Software engineering background
- Hands-on experience with Hive, Impala, or Hue
- Hands on experience with visualization systems (Kibana, Grafana)
- Hands-on experience in public cloud data products (AWS / GCP)
- IT operations or system engineering background
- Project management professional (PMP) certification
- Scrum master certification
- Scrum product owner certification
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us! Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Other jobs in Program Management
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.