Overwatch League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that their fans have the best experience possible. Overwatch League melds Blizzard’s experience in esports with best practices of time-honored traditional sports. We’ll be launching Overwatch League in 2017.
We’re seeking a star marketer to join Overwatch League as a key leader in the organization. The head of marketing will help shape the league by directing market research and preparing / evolving the brand marketing plan. They will help define and lead product positioning, business models, competitive strategy, CRM, media mix, sales, and distribution strategies, etc. They will work closely with other key leaders within Overwatch League to build industry-leading go-to-market strategies.
- Lead the market research team to mine key consumer and competitive insights that will guide and inform our marketing strategies around the world.
- Develop and evolve business models that maximize the commercial success of Overwatch League.
- Manage media strategy and direct our media partners in the execution, evaluation, and optimization of those strategies against target objectives.
- Lead the global brand managers / directors in the marketing plan development process and providing leadership to the marketing teams around the world in the customization and local execution of these plans.
- Manage resource requirements (expenditure, human resource planning, etc.) necessary to deliver the marketing objectives.
- Provide regular reports relating on the progress of the marketing group towards meeting the commercial and financial goals established for the company.
- Coach, mentor, and raise the team's ability where needed to deliver and exceed expectations.
- MBA degree
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in consumer marketing / brand management for sports, video gaming, entertainment, consumer products, advertising, or related industries
- A passion for marketing and the marketing process
- Track record of performance excellence, exceeding targets, and objectives
- Proven solid leadership skills and experience leading successful marketing teams
- Strong analytical, planning, and forecasting skills
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising, and appraising personnel
- Outstanding communications, presentation, and influencing skills
- Solid experience in the use of market research and its applicability in developing brand / product strategies
- Travel required
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Overwatch League
**Only submittals with cover letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.