A new position has spawned on the World of Warcraft team, and we’re looking for an experienced senior engineer to join our party and help craft the future of Azeroth. It’s not lightly that Blizzard Entertainment counts “Gameplay First” among the core values that serve as critical guideposts to all we make here. A great, lasting game begins and ends with gameplay, and in this role, your challenge is clear: craft the game systems that make compelling gameplay possible.
Working closely with designers, artists, and your fellow engineers, we want you to help us continue to explore and unlock all that the future of World of Warcraft can be for our players. We’ll arm you with the latest technologies and a deeply passionate, collaborative team environment designed to enable you to be at your best.
Fourteen years in and we feel like we’re just getting started. How about you…ready to work?
- Fluent in C++
- 5 years professional programming experience
- Strong data structures, logic, distributed systems and algorithm skills
- Experience with owning and driving the development of a technical feature from start to finish
- Experience with code optimization
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Real passion for video games
- Experience as an engineer in the games industry
- Experience with at least one shipped title, preferably an MMORPG
- Computer science, mathematics, physics, or related degree
- Prior development working with client / server game systems
- Knowledge of Lua
- Working knowledge of World of Warcraft and / or other MMORPGs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.