Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a Business Analyst to join the Consumer Products department. The Consumer Products team extends the Blizzard Entertainment brands to consumer products via licensing partnerships and direct channels.
This position will work closely with the Consumer Products team to provide detailed, financial reporting, performance analysis, business insights, and operational recommendations on the global consumer products business. The ideal candidate has financial and business analysis experience, is extremely detail oriented, and has experience working within the consumer goods, ecommerce, or retail industries. This position will report to the Director, Global Product Planning and Operations. The ideal candidate for this position will have previous experience working in Consumer Products and will also have international experience as well.
- Normalize and consolidate a variety of disparate performance reports (licensing royalty reports, online/events sales reports, sales invoices) to compile comprehensive business reporting data.
- Provide consolidated data to business leads in a user friendly way, enabling self-service access to product level performance data.
- Layer expert analysis and industry insight on top of data to create recommendations and be able to relate them to business or franchise strategy.
- Prepare category specific, channel specific, and executive level monthly financial performance reports.
- Assist in the preparation of departmental forecast, allocations, and long-range plans including Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Manage the continued development of budgeting, forecasting, operating plan, and tools to ensure the accuracy of information.
- Facilitate communication and operations between management and Finance.
- Lend expertise in increasing operational efficiency, establishing processes where necessary and beneficial, promoting business excellence.
- Support management team and business leads with ad hoc projects, analysis, and reporting.
- 5+ years related work experience
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel and other MS Office software
- Strong analytical skills and complex problem solving abilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or equivalent in related field
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment with various internal teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to be adaptable in a constantly evolving work environment
- Experience in the consumer goods, licensing, e-commerce, or retail industries
- Experience with consumer products reporting, analytics, or ERP software
- Management consulting or equivalent certification
- Experience with international business operations
- Experience with inventory management best practices
- Knowledge and passion for Blizzard games and franchises
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Production, Program & Project Management
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.